Late Opening – Monday 19th March

The MET office have updated their forecast (as of 7pm) and we are expected snow throughout this evening and freezing temperatures into the early hours of tomorrow morning. Whilst main roads are clear, several staff have contacted me today to state that the back roads around where they live are icy and dangerous. Therefore I have decided to have a late opening tomorrow to allow staff and students the time to travel safely to school.

School will open at 10am on Monday 19th March, with tutor time from 10.05 – 10.15 and lessons as normal after this. The school bus run will be delayed by one hour.

We encourage students and staff to wear warm sensible clothing and footwear to ensure safe movement around the school campus. Uniform for Monday only is optional unless students are on the Science trip to the university in the afternoon. We would like to thank parents, students and staff for their understanding.

Kind Regards,

Krista Dawkins

Weather Warning

Dear Parents/ Carers,

As you will be in no doubt aware we have had another period of snowfall. The sites have been inspected and at this moment in time our intention is to open as normal tomorrow.

I will be assessing the situation overnight and in the morning, as more snowfall is forecast this evening, coupled with freezing temperatures. Please be aware that we will not be requiring pupils to wear uniform tomorrow. Please ensure they are in warm, sensible clothing and footwear, which will aid safe travel to and from school.

Please keep an eye on our facebook page, website and school comms for further updates.

Kind Regards,

Krista Dawkins

School to Remain Closed on Friday

As the weather is getting progressively worse, with freezing temperatures and high winds forecast overnight I have taken another difficult decision to close both campuses tomorrow Friday 2nd March.

More work will be placed on Show My Homework but also encourage the students to have some fun! Year 11 please use this opportunity for some revision. I have not taken this decision lightly but the safety of everyone is paramount. I feel that by letting parents know sooner they can make appropriate arrangements.

If any anyone has concerns please email me directly.

With very best wishes.