Welcome to Personal Development Learning (PDL) at Crestwood College!
This is an area of the curriculum which Crestwood recognises as vitally important for the health, wellbeing and development of our students. Our PDL and SMSC statement can be found here.
PDL is planned by a trained PDL specialist, Jess Phillips, and Year Leaders under her supervision. Crestwood follows the PSHE Association Programme of Study for KS3 and KS4 and the National Curriculum Citizenship Programme of Study for KS3 and KS4.
PDL is divided into three sections and delivered separately as:-
- PDL – Focus on non-health and wellbeing topics, for example, democracy and justice.
- Wellbeing – Focus on health and wellbeing topics, for example, smoking and healthy eating.
- Careers & Guidance – Focus on personal finance, careers and budgeting.
Currently, PDL and Wellbeing are delivered in the same way across the key stage. This will be updated every year to avoid repetition.
Links to KS3 and KS4 maps with detailed information about the topics to be studied can be found below:-
- Year 7 PDL Map 2016 – 2017
- Year 8 PDL Map 2016 – 2017
- Year 9 PDL Map 2016 – 2017
- Year 10 PDL Map 2016 – 2017
- KS3 Wellbeing Map 2016 – 2017
- KS4 Wellbeing Map 2016 – 2017
If you have any queries please contact Jess Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org