The governors are:
- Paul Frampton, Chair of Governors (parent governor)
- Angela Wright (co-opted governor)
- Janet Bell, Chair of Finance and Resources Committee (local authority governor)
- Pat Statham, Chair of Achievement and Learning Committee (co-opted governor)
- Krista Dawkins (Head teacher)
- Justine Sayers (Clerk)
- Tracey Barltrop (parent governor)
- Mark Baylis (co-opted)
- Imogen Harris (co-opted)
- Katy Quinn (co-opted)
- Dawn Smith (staff governor)
Keith Atton (co-opted governor)
Wayne Irish (co-opted governor)
Jim McMillan (co-opted governor)
Jenny Parker (co-opted governor)
Governors are responsible for overseeing the running of the College, acting as a critical friend and challenging the Headteacher, Senior Leaders and staff to ensure students access high quality teaching and learning, the college’s funds from the government are used to best advantage for the College and that all staff and students have a safe and stimulating environment in which to teach, work and learn.
The Governors’ work is managed through a committee structure with much of the detailed monitoring work done in:-
- Achievement and Learning Committee
- Finance and Resources Committee
- Pastoral Committee
all of which meet six times a year. Governors come together as a Full Governing Body approximately six times per year to receive reports from the committees, approve policies, approve the budget and receive the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team’s report on the progress the College is making as detailed in their Strategic Plan and Improvement Plan.
Governance at Crestwood College is very good, as identified by Ofsted, though we are always succession planning for new governors and interested to hear from people who would like to be more involved.
Chair of Governors