Adverse Weather Conditions

Dear Parents/Carers


Adverse Weather Conditions


The school’s Senior Leadership Team have met today to review the current forecast, including the amber warning issued by the MET Office for our region.


Snow is expected from 7.00pm tonight and to carry on throughout the night.  We have made the decision to postpone the school Pantomime this evening and will aim to reschedule for next Thursday 7th February 2019.  This will be confirmed to those involved.


Tomorrow, we have made the decision to delay opening the school until 10.00am.  Students should arrive for registration at 10.00am, with period 2 commencing at 10.15am as normal.  Students should wear warm sensible clothing and footwear suitable for the weather.  The site team will be in early to make sure that both sites are safe for everyone.


Should the situation be severe enough in the morning that we need to close the school, we will notify everyone via Schoolcomms, our Facebook page, Twitter, the school website and there will be a notice on


We appreciate your understanding in this matter and will keep you informed of developments.


Yours sincerely

Krista Dawkins