Open Evening Cancelled

Dear Parents/Carers,

I am very sorry to inform you that I have made the extremely difficult decision to cancel our Open Evenings this week. This is due to the rapid rising cases of Coronavirus in school, both in staff and students.. Currently we have a number of confirmed cases, equally split across both campuses, with a number of additional students waiting on PCR test results.

I feel that in order to keep our staff, students and local community safe, it is my duty and responsibility to cancel the Open Evenings at this moment in time. Inviting large numbers of people who do not usually mix into the school buildings, parts of which are enclosed spaces, would be irresponsible. I know this will be disappointing to many but no more so than my staff and students who are keen to show off our outstanding #Crestwoodfamily to our prospective students and their families. However, my priority has to be the safety of all and keeping the school operational for our current students.

As we did last year, you are invited to visit our website at www.crestwood.hants.sch.uk
where you will find our promotional video, updated Prospectus and tomorrow we will upload
my Headteacher’s address.
With regard to the Open Morning tours, we will still offer these, but numbers will be limited to
12 per group. All visitors will be required to wear masks whilst in the school buildings. We
will add additional tours to those already on offer on a need basis. To book, please contact
my PA, Justine Sayers on justine.sayers@crestwood.hants.sch.uk. Any of you wishing to
meet with myself, Heads of School or SENCo personally can request this at the same time
as a tour.
Once again, I am sorry to disappoint everyone and this really has been a hard decision to
make. I am aware that it is important for parents and students to be able to visit the school
in order to form an opinion, but I’m sure you will agree that the safety and wellbeing of our
community is of utmost importance.

Thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely

Krista Dawkins
Headteacher